1. Home
  2. Uncategorised
  3. County court judgement (CCJ)

County court judgement (CCJ)

How do you know if you have a County Court Judgement (CCJ) order against you?

The quickest and easiest way to find if there are any County Court Judgement (CCJ) made against you, then all you need to do is check your credit report. Your credit report will give you an overview of all your balances, debt and any creditors that you owe money to. This will be where you can see if you do owe anyone money and if they have started a County Court Judgement (CCJ) against you. Another way of checking if you have a County Court Judgement (CCJ) is to look at the Registry Trust online which has information on County Court Judgement (CCJ) that are for you, someone else or a business.

Can you make a claim against a County Court Judgement (CCJ)?

If you want to make a claim into removing a County Court Judgement (CCJ) from your history, this can be because the County Court Judgement (CCJ) is having a negative effect on your credit rating and is having an impact on your ability to apply for credit or borrow money. Unfortunately, it is rare that a County Court Judgement (CCJ) will be removed from your credit before the six years are over. There are certain actions that you can take against a County Court Judgement (CCJ) these include: paying the County Court Judgement (CCJ) within the first month. By doing this the County Court Judgement (CCJ) will not reflect on your credit report and will not have an impact on you wanting to take credit or borrow money. Another action is to pay the full County Court Judgement (CCJ) after the first month. This will mean that your County Court Judgement (CCJ) will be marked as ‘satisfied’ which will allow other creditors to see this and they will be left with the decision if they want to provide you with credit or money. Another action you can take is to go to court and take action against the County Court Judgement (CCJ). This can only be done if you are sure and have evidence that the action taken towards you was unfair. But unfortunately, if that does not work and you have not paid within a certain period of time you will be left to wait for six years until your name is cleared.

Previous Post
County court judgement (CCJ)