These are the rules and guidelines as stated by Self Made (B&B Cole Limited) in Relation to the Self Made Mentoring Community.
Who are we?
We are B&B Cole Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under the name of Self Made.
We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information please send an email to us via email@example.com
Our company is registered on companies house under: 10316267.
This Code of Conduct
By joining our mentoring community, you agree to adhere to our code of conduct where the guidelines will need to be followed during your time with us.
A lot of the content shared amongst our community is through our closed whatsapp group. The group is to be used to network with your fellow mentees, share ideas, sense check opportunities, share opportunities, as a focus group, for feedback, to share wins etc. The group is not to be used for propaganda, motivational posts or other non-business-related messages.
You are responsible for any of the content/ material you post within our mentoring community. If your post/content/correspondence causes an issue with another member of the community you will be held accountable.
Code of Conduct
The Self Made Mentoring Community is a place where Mentees users should feel welcome and included to share their opinions. And while we accept (and encourage) all manner of differing opinions, we also want to ensure people always feel safe.
The purpose of this document is to outline our community values – what we do, and don’t, stand for – and the measures we take to protect them.
We want everyone to feel included in our community. In particular, nobody should ever feel excluded on the basis of their:
- Gender, gender identity, or gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Disability or medical condition
- Physical appearance (including but not limited to body size)
A note on politics: Political discussions are banned, we don’t tolerate using our group as a soapbox to air political opinions.
Our Shared Values
You agree that:
- We are collectively and individually committed to safety and inclusivity.
- We have zero tolerance for abuse, harassment, or discrimination.
- We respect people’s boundaries and identities.
- We refrain from using language that can be considered oppressive (systemically or otherwise), eg. sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, classist, etc. – this includes (but is not limited to) various slurs.
- We avoid using offensive topics as a form of humour.
- We do not suggest or speculate on ways of breaking the law.
We actively work towards:
- Being a safe community.
- Cultivating a network of support and encouragement for each other.
- Encouraging responsible and varied forms of expression.
- Stalking or publishing private information
- Threats of harm or harassment.
- Anything that compromises people’s safety.
WhatsApp Group Etiquette
- Ad hominem attacks (criticising a poster personally, not their post).
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Replying in a confrontational manner when we see a post we think needs attention.
- All forms of trolling.
- Posting low-value content that doesn’t add to the discussion.
- Repeatedly making the same arguments, instead of moving on.
We’re polite and respectful:
- Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose yours or their private information.
- Don’t post spam.
It’s best to avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was shown to your boss, family, or friends. When in doubt, avoid it.
- Listen without interruption.
- Believe what the person is saying & do not attempt to disqualify what they have to say.
- Ask for tips and help toward avoiding reoffending in the future.
- Apologise and ask forgiveness.
If the above is ever unclear, final decisions are at the discretion of the Bianca & Byron. They will use their best judgement to determine what is in the best interest of maintaining an inclusive community. Just because something is not explicitly prohibited in this document, that doesn’t make it automatically ok.
So please respect what they decide, and avoid nit-picking the rules if you disagree.
Consequences for breaking the rules
2 Strike Policy
The policy means if you achieve 2 strikes you will be removed from the WhatsApp and/or mentoring community.
So what can you get a strike for we hear you ask?
It is this simple, if another member of the community complains about your conduct in any way this counts as a strike. We feel that everyone could perhaps get 1 but for you to get 2 complaints within 6 months, then that not only says something about you and your brand but also it says something about the environment we as mentors are trying to create.
If we feel any complaints are serious enough we will be terminating memberships with immediate effect. If you receive a dreaded call from Bianca or I about your conduct it’s time to FIX UP or you are out.
Whilst we love you all and want the best for you all if the same names keep coming up in conversations it is simply not where we want our community to be.
Should you be concerned, offended or not happy with anyone’s conduct we encourage you to reach out to us and we will take the appropriate action. Of course we will keep all information anonymous.
Please let us know if you have any questions about our Code of Conduct. The team will be on hand to alleviate any issues you might have.
Office@selfmadebook.uk | 02086679519
Self Made Team